CLASSES BEGIN SEPT. 5, 2023
ORIENTATION IS OPEN!
Orientation is the first step to enrolling in the Medical Assistant Program.
During Orientation you will learn more about the Medical Assistant Program as well as the next steps to take to enroll in the program.
ABOUT THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Medical Assistants work in doctor offices, hospitals, and medical clinics. You will be trained to perform administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician. This program will prepare you to take and pass the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) Medical Assistant Exam.
- Length of Program: 7 Months
- Cost: $4,920 - FAFSA, WIOA and payment plan available!
- Schedule: M,T,W,TH 8:30am-3:00pm*
*Hours may vary especially during externship in a clinic or hospital.
- Prepare students with the skills to become employed as a medical assistant in the healthcare industry.
- Teach and support students to learn and perform both clinical and administrative functions as a medical assistant.
- Acquire the skill competence and academic knowledge needed to qualify for the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) Medical Assistant certifying exam.
- Train students to enter the workforce as critical thinkers and effective communicators who are responsible, ethical, and respectful employees.
- Meet the minimum attendance requirements.
- Maintain at least an 80% on skills, assignments, assessments, and participation.
- Successfully completes a clinical externship.
Office Hours: M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm
Phone: (925) 685-7340, ext. 6730
Want More Information About Our
CTE Programs? Fill Out This Quick
Completed 2-day Orientation, high school diploma or GED, health insurance, updated vaccinations, and CPR / BLS.
In Contra Costa County, employment for Medical Assistants is expected to increase by 38.3% in the next 5 years. The current median wage for Medical Assistants is $23.25 per hour.
(Source: California Employment Development Department.)