Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
New session begins Sept. 5, 2023!
Financial aid is available for eligible students!
EMT Pre-Academy Information Sessions are Open!
Become an EMT and Be the One Who Cares!
During Orientation, you will learn more about the EMT Program as well as
the next steps to take to enroll in the program.
Pre-Academy Demonstration/Information Sessions on our campus in C-17:
- Tuesday, 6:00-8:00pm
- Monday, 9:00-11:00am
ABOUT THE EMT PROGRAM
EMTs are skilled medical workers. You will be trained to provide vital services to care for and transport the sick and injured to a medical facility. You will be prepared to complete and pass the National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) exam.
- Length of Program: 5 Months
- Cost: $1,818 -Tuition Vouchers for Eligible Students!
Interest-free payment plans also available!
- Your Choice of Schedule:
M,W,F 9:00am-12:30pm or
*Hours may vary especially during ambulance ride-alongs.
- Teach and support students in acquiring the skills required to perform the duties of an emergency medical technician, following the National Standard Curriculum for the EMT-Basic, the National EMS Education Standards, and the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) National EMS Practice Analysis.
- Train students in all aspects of the industry enabling them to make appropriate employment decisions relating to emergency medical services, such as EMT-Basic, EMT-Advanced, emergency room technician, and/or applying for entry level positions in fire departments, law enforcement, and private security agencies.
- Prepare students for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification examination for EMT-Basic leading to local EMT certification.
- Meet the minimum attendance requirements.
- Maintain at least an 80% on skills, assignments, and assessments.
- Master NREMT required psychomotor skill competencies.
- Successfully complete required clinical experience.
Office Hours: M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm
Phone: (925) 685-7340, ext. 6730
Want More Information About Our
CTE Programs? Fill Out This Quick
Completed 2-day Orientation, high school diploma or GED, health insurance, updated vaccinations, CA driver's license, and CPR / BLS.
In Contra Costa County, employment for EMTs is expected to increase by 37.6% in the next 5 years. The current median wage for entry-level EMTs is $21.62 per hour.
(Source: California Employment Development Department).