Classes begin Jan. 16, 2024!
ORIENTATION IS OPEN!
Orientation is the first step to enrolling in the Dental Assistant Program.
During Orientation you will learn more about the Dental Assistant Program as well as the next steps to take to enroll in the program.
ABOUT THE DENTAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Dental Assistants are an integral part of the dental care team. You will be trained to offer a variety of patient care, complete laboratory duties, and assist with front office tasks. This program prepares you to take the Registered Dental Assistant exam.
- Length of Program: 11 Months
- Cost: $5,687 - FAFSA, WIOA, and payment plan available!
- Beginning on August 7, 2023: meets in person for CLINICAL SKILLS Monday - Thursday 8:30am-2:00pm (2:00-4:00pm by appointment with instructor)
- Externships begin in February 2024.
*Hours may vary especially during your externship in a dental office.
- Help and support students to develop skills and competencies required to perform Registered Dental Assistant chairside duties.
- Prepare students to confidently apply skills and techniques necessary to expose radiographs, perform coronal polishing, and apply pit and fissure sealants.
- Achieve Infection Control certification utilizing the highest standards and protocols.
- Assist students in acquiring the skills and knowledge needed to pass the California Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) exam.
- Prepare students to become a member of a dental health team, applying professional and ethical principles.
- Meet the minimum attendance requirements.
- Maintain at least an 80% on skills, assignments, assessments, and participation.
- Successfully complete a clinical externship.
Office Hours: M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm
Phone: (925) 685-7340, ext. 6730
Want More Information About Our
CTE Programs? Fill Out This Quick
Completed 2-day Orientation, high school diploma or GED, health insurance, and updated vaccinations.
In Contra Costa County, employment for Dental Assistants is expected to increase by 10.8% in the next 5 years. The current median wage for Dental Assistants is $24.16 per hour.
(Source: California Employment Development Department).