Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Classes Begin in Sept. 11, 2023!
ORIENTATION IS OPEN!
Complete the Opportunity Junction CNA Interest Application to receive the link to register for Orientation through MDAE.
During Orientation you will learn more about the
CNA Program as well as the next steps to take to enroll in the program.
ABOUT THE CNA PROGRAM
A CNA performs basic care and nursing services related to the safety, comfort, protection, and care of residents in a skilled nursing facility.
- Length of Program: 3 Months
- Cost: $2,502 - grant and payment plan available!
- Schedule: M-F, 8:30am-3:00pm*
*Hours may vary especially during 8-week externship.
- Train students in basic CNA tasks directed toward the safety, comfort and personal hygiene and protection of residents/patients.
- Prepare students for California State CNA Certification.
- Increase the number of CNAs trained in person-directed care and placed in jobs following CNA program completion.
- Increase the number of CNAs trained in person-centered care and placed in jobs following CNA program completion.
- Increase CNA retention rates at participating healthcare providers.
- Provide an entry point for economically-disadvantaged individuals to enter a professional development pathway leading to greater economic sufficiency.
- Meet the minimum attendance requirements.
- Maintain an 80% average on assignments, skills, test, and competency assessments.
- Successfully completes required clinical experience.
- Take the National Nurse Aid Assessment Program Certification Examination.
OFFERED THROUGH A GRANT
Offered in collaboration with Opportunity Junction and Ombudsman Services of Contra Costa & Solano!
John Muir Community Health Fund approved a grant for Opportunity Junction and Ombudsman Services of Contra Costa & Solano, in partnership with Mount Diablo Adult Education, to launch the Health Career Pathway initiative to create a regional response to significant allied health professional staffing and quality improvement needs for those delivering care (to uninsured, underinsured, underserved and vulnerable Contra Costa residents most at-risk for poor health), while providing a pathway towards economic sufficiency for low-income individuals.
Office Hours: M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm
Phone: (925) 685-7340, ext. 6730
Want More Information About Our
CTE Programs? Fill Out This Quick
Completed Orientation, High School Diploma or GED, health insurance, and updated vaccinations.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
In Contra Costa County, employment for Certified Nursing Assistants is expected to increase by 18.1% in the next 5 years. The current median wage for entry-level CNAs is $21.31 per hour.
(Source: California Employment Development Department).