Skip to main content

High School Diploma

How Do I Register for Classes

Go to our website to register for an orientation. At the orientation you will be given a reading assessment test to confirm your reading level. Once you have completed the test, you will be placed in classes.  Click here to go to the registration page.

Class Schedule

Complete the classes you need to receive your high school diploma. Morning classes, evening classes, and online classes are available. Click here to go to catalog.

Program Requirements and Independent Study

Students wishing to be in Independent Study or in online classes must score at least 241 on their CASAS test (school entrance reading test.)  Students must meet with a teacher once a week for one hour in addition to completing work at home. All tests and assessments are done at school under the direction of a teacher.

CAHSEE Information

The Governor of California has suspended the CAHSEE exam for this year.

High School Diploma Requirements

Mt. Diablo Adult Education awards a Mt. Diablo Unified School District (MDUSD) diploma to students enrolled in the High School Diploma program who complete the following requirements. Prior credits earned, which meet the MDUSD standards, can be included in the completion of units. Official transcripts from previous schools are required as proof of previous credits.  
See the High School/GED Coordinator for further information. To join the High School Diploma Program you must first attend an Orientation Session. 

Subject Credits
English 40
Life Science 10
Physical Science 10
U.S. History 10
World History 10
American Government 5
Economics 5
Mathematics (includes 10 units of Algebra) 30
Fine Arts/Foreign Language/CTEC 20
Approved Electives (Includes Physical Education but not Driver's Ed) 60
Total 200



Room: High School Office

Office Hours:  
Monday - Friday - 8:00-4:30
Tuesday & Thursday - 5:30-7:30 pm

Phone: 925-685-7340 ext 6745



All new students must attend an orientation to be enrolled in classes.


Quick Links



Special Considerations

Former Foster Youth AB 167 Graduation Standards

What is AB 167?
California Assembly Bill 167 provides alternative graduation standards for graduation for Foster Youth and Former Foster Youth who are now adults.

To Whom Does AB 167 Apply?
AB 167 applies only to pupils who were in foster care who transfered into a district or between high schools within the district while they were in 11th or 12th grade.

Minimum High School Graduation Standards for Former Foster Youth
California requires pupils to complete all of the following one‐year courses, unless otherwise specified, while in grades 9 to 12, inclusive, in order to receive a diploma of graduation from high school (E.C. 51225.3(a)).

For more information
For more information visit the California Department of Education website.

Special Education Students
Students with an IEP can receive services and accommodations until their 22nd birthday.