Skip to main content

Career Transition Support Services (CTSS)



Next Steps

1. You must be currently attending an MDAE high school diploma, high school equivalency, or skills class.

2. Complete the online Get Started Questionnaire (quick questions for CTSS services to start assisting you with your future).

3. Check your e-mail. We will be contacting you to start your CTSS plan.

Get Started Questionnaire

CASAS Survey

Please use Google Chrome browser when you are filling out the questionnaire.


Career Transition Support Services
• Tiffany Paynton Silveira
• 925-685-7340, Ext. 6745

Get The Latest Information

• US News–The 100 Best Jobs

• For California based job search O*Net—

• East Bay Works (For skills building workshops and assistance in finding employment)—

• Occupational Outlook Handbook (established to help find career information on duties, education or training, pay, and outlook for occupations)—

Consider Health and Administrative Careers

Mt. Diablo Adult Education—Career and Technical Education Center (CTEC) 
Call 685-7340, Ext. 6730 or go to
CTEC Certificate Programs—Prepare for a career in under a year! Financial Aid available.

• Administrative Assistant
• Emergency Medical Technician
• Medical Assistant
• Registered Dental Assistant
• Surgical Technologist
• Computer Applications Training
• CPR for Health Care Providers (American Heart)
• Customer Service (National Certification)
• Food Safety (National Certification)

Explore Community Colleges

• Diablo Valley College—  

• Los Medanos College—

• Contra Costa Community College—


Mt. Diablo Adult Education provides Community College Assessment Preparation Workshops. Please check with the high school office for the next time that one is being offered.

Research California State University Campuses

• For all CSU Campuses—

• CSU East Bay—

• National Center for Educational Statistics—(to search for local or other certification programs, degrees, junior colleges and colleges in your specified areas of interest)—

Evaluate University of California Campuses

• Admissions and degree Information—

• UC Berkeley—

• UC Davis—

Apply for Financial Aid

(Be sure to apply at both the Federal and California sites)

• Federal Student Aid FAFSA (complete to receive aid at any college or university)

• California DREAM Act Application (Acronym for Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors. Established so they are able to receive aid to attend college or university)—

• California Student Aid Commission—Financial aid in

• California College Pathways for Foster

• California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth—free money for foster youth for college or career training—



Quick Links